Pages

Friday, March 15, 2013

Let's Kick This Cold In The Butt!!

I've had a head cold the last couple of days with all of your basic symptoms, sore scratchy throat, watery eyes, dripping nose, uncontrollable cough and exhaustion. At first I thought it was just going to be a couple of sniffles and I'd be able to go right through my day... not the case necessarily. I feel like I've been hit by a semi truck.. apologizes to people who have actually been struck by semi trucks. 

I've been loading up on cold medicine, herbal teas, water and chicken soup.... and I still feel like crap. Even hibernating like a bear in the winter isn't making me feel all bright eyed and rosy. Instead I feel like a slug, a fat lazy slug. 

Ew.


Instead I'd like to be feeling like this...



So now I go to my first resource for information... Pinterest. I found this link and I found this link to Health, Home & Happiness for their honey and cinnamon cold recipe. I've been hearing a lot about the antibacterial and antiseptic properties and it's pretty interesting. I always thought it just tasted good in hot teas. 

What the heck... let's give it a shot. 

What You Need:
1 TSP of honey 
1/4 TSP of Cinnamon 




Verdict.. not sure but we'll see. I tried this about an hour ago. I'm not completely cured but I didn't expect to be. Health, Home and Happiness said to take this a couple of times a day. So I'll try again in a couple of hours. Of course this is NOT a substitution for any medicine. I still will be taking plenty of cold medicine, drinking hot tea, and keeping hydrated with water. 

I'll try this again in a couple of hours and check back with an update. 

No comments:

Post a Comment