Pages

Monday, April 29, 2013

Wedding Projects: Chalk Board Signs and Easel

My brother's wedding is this coming Saturday and it feels like time is moving like a fast moving train towards it's destination. Aside from cleaning the house from all of the family coming to stay we still have a tons of projects to work on including these chalk board signs and easels. 

The chalk board motif is following a design that matches the wedding invitations. This sign is going to be outside of the church. 




My dad made the easel by getting firing strips and cutting them to length. He then lightly sanded and painted them black with enamel paint. 









The chalk board was one that my Mom already had. My brother's fiance had found the quote already on Pinterest. I've linked the original picture here


My Mom made the "Just Married" sign for the back of the getaway car, which is going to be my parents' convertible Volkswagen Beetle. She decorated the side of chalk board's bare edge with a black patterned Washi Tape. 



I hope you like these ideas. If you have any questions about how we did these or want to make a comment please feel free :) I love to hear from any readers!

~Jilly

2 comments:

  1. You should use liquid chalk! That limits the possibility of rub off onto clothing. Plus it comes in lovely colours and allows more versatility. Found at teachers stores, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We bought those too and tried them out on the chalk board. I felt like the chalk board pens were too solid and we really wanted that chalk board look. However, to each there own. Hopefully people won't be rubbing up against the signs.. I guess we'll find out on Saturday :)

      Delete